NS climate neutral with 100% green energy
Every day 600,000 rail passengers in the Netherlands travel in a 100% climate-neutral way. This is a world's first. Nowhere else in the world do passenger trains run on 100% wind energy. The partnership with NS is special. Together we’re helping to make the Netherlands sustainable.
"I believe in green growth, that the economy can grow without damaging the environment. As equal partners, we’re helping each other with the sustainability of mobility."
Facts & Figures
- Every day, NS transports 600,000 people using 100% wind energy from Eneco.
- That means 1,200,000 train journeys without CO2 emissions every day.
- Every year, NS uses 1,200,000,000 kWh of wind energy from Eneco. As much as all the households in Amsterdam.
- A train can travel 200 kilometres on one hour of energy generated by a wind turbine.
- Three revolutions of an Eneco wind turbine is one kilometre.