NS climate neutral with 100% green energy
Every day 600,000 rail passengers in the Netherlands travel in a 100% climate-neutral way. This is a world's first. Nowhere else in the world do passenger trains run on 100% wind energy. The partnership with NS is special. Together we’re helping to make the Netherlands sustainable.
Facts & Figures
- Every day, NS transports 600,000 people using 100% wind energy from Eneco.
- That means 1,200,000 train journeys without CO2 emissions every day.
- Every year, NS uses 1,200,000,000 kWh of wind energy from Eneco. As much as all the households in Amsterdam.
- A train can travel 200 kilometres on one hour of energy generated by a wind turbine.
- Three revolutions of an Eneco wind turbine is one kilometre.