Broad-based collaboration with Unilever Nederland
Every year in the Netherlands, global food corporation Unilever purchases almost 70 gigawatt hours (GWh) of the green electricity generated by Eneco’s Luchterduinen wind farm on the North Sea.
"By 2030, we want to be climate-positive worldwide. So that besides using fully sustainable energy we can also supply energy to the surroundings. The partnership with Eneco and the direct link between our energy needs and five wind turbines at the Luchterduinen wind farm is an important next step towards achieving this ambition."
Conny Braams, General Manager of Unilever Benelux
Collaboration focused on the surroundings
The wind farm is supplying wind energy to:
- The European head office in Rotterdam
- Unilever Nederland’s office in Rotterdam
- The margarine/peanut butter factory in Rotterdam
- The Unox factory in Oss
- The Ben & Jerry’s factory in Hellendoorn
- The R&D centre in Vlaardingen