Are you a start-up or scale-up ready to accelerate your business?
Eneco Ventures aims to help the future stars in sustainable energy light up even brighter. We do so by investing in start-ups & scale-ups that accelerate the energy transition. We are a venture capital and growth financing investor backed by Eneco and look to collaborate with start-ups and scale-ups throughout North-Western Europe.
What can we do for you?
- Contribute growth capital (A/B rounds), including follow-on rounds
- Offer commercial cooperation and piloting opportunities
- Provide access to our extensive (B2C/B2B) customer base and the energy sector
- Supply you with and leverage on our comprehensive energy and e-mobility market insights & knowledge
- Facilitate joint proposition development & scaling
- And last but not least, work with a smart, pragmatic and fun team with extensive entrepreneurial experience
What are we looking for?
At Eneco Ventures, we look for companies providing smart solutions, services and/or software that positively impact the energy transition. We focus on investing in start-ups that meet the following investment criteria:
- Active in the smart and clean energy sphere with focus domains such as energy as a service, e-mobility, heat and energy management
- Entrepreneurial & highly motivated management team
- Entry ticket of roughly EUR 2M - EUR 6M
- Proven product market fit with visible commercial traction
- Potential to leverage the Eneco client / asset / infra base to create additional value for your company
GreenFlux - Floris van den Broek & Jan-Joost van Dam, resp. CEO & COO/CFO
Eneco Ventures invested in GreenFlux in 2018. Eneco Ventures supported and shared their expertise to prepare Greenflux to scale the business and grow internationally by following a clear and focused strategy. This resulted in a successful exit in 2021, becoming part of DKV. The dedication, knowledge and financial support of Eneco Ventures, this would not have been possible and we are thankful for their professionalism throughout the years!
Thermondo GmbH - Philipp A. Pausder, Founder & CEO
Eneco invested in Thermondo in Summer 2017 and was a shareholder until early 2021. The people at Eneco are simply put great people and fun to work with. Always approachable, always supportive. That combined with a no politics attitude and deep sector expertise made Eneco the right investor supporting us on our journey from an early stage start-up to a professionalized growth company.
Energie in Huis - Niels Bartels, CEO
Eneco Ventures invested in Energie in Huis and introduced us to other business units of Eneco. We closely collaborated with the consumer organisation which provides for extra customers and knowhow on ‘state of the art’ marketing. Together with Eneco we worked on new product development and further professionalisation of the quality and safety control system. Maintaining independence is a recurring point of attention with so many synergies, but the choice for a corporate VC turns out to be an excellent fit!
Next Kraftwerke - Hendrik and Jochen
Eneco convinced us as a professional investor with deep expertise to invest in our company in 2017. For Next Kraftwerke, Eneco was the perfect investor for the growth phase and the first steps towards internationalization. We have tripled the marketed capacity and sales since Eneco's entry.